School of Literatures, Cultural Studies, and Linguistics
The School of Literatures, Cultural Studies, and Linguistics serves as the administrative umbrella over the following departments and programs: Classics and Mediterranean Studies, French and Francophone Studies, Germanic Studies, Hispanic and Italian Studies, Linguistics/TESOL, Slavic and Baltic Languages and Literatures, International Studies, Religious Studies, the Language and Culture Learning Center (LCLC), and Moving Image Arts.
The units within the school provide original research and instruction on literary, cultural and linguistics theories and practices for both foreign and classical languages. Faculty members within the school also have research and teaching interests in the moving image arts and religious and international studies. Its departments and programs are the primary source of instruction in foreign and classical languages at the basic and advanced levels and offer numerous majors and minors, which expose students to linguistic and cultural knowledge that responds to our rapidly globalizing world.
For information on individual units and their degree programs, please visit their home pages.
- Department of Classics and Mediterranean Studies: http://lcsl.uic.edu/classics-mediterranean
- Department of French and Francophone Studies: http://lcsl.uic.edu/french
- Department of Germanic Studies: http://lcsl.uic.edu/germanic
- Department of Hispanic and Italian Studies: http://lcsl.uic.edu/hispanic-italian
- Department of Linguistics/TESOL: http://lcsl.las.uic.edu/linguistics
- Department of Slavic and Baltic Languages and Literatures: http://lcsl.uic.edu/slavic-baltic
- International Studies Program: http://lcsl.uic.edu/international
- Religious Studies Program: http://lcsl.uic.edu/religious-studies
- Jewish Studies Program: http://lcsl.uic.edu/jewish
- Language and Culture Learning Center (LCLC): http://lclc.uic.edu
- Moving Image Arts Program: http://lcsl.uic.edu/moving-image-arts'