Business Administration (Professional Program: MBA)
UIC Liautaud Graduate School of Business
11th Floor, University Hall (MC 075)
601 South Morgan Street
Chicago, IL 60607
Contact Person (on-campus MBA): Jeff Jewett
Contact Person (online MBA): Angela Prazza Winters
20FL9875MBA (on-campus MBA)
20FL9875MBAU (online MBA)
The UIC Business Liautaud Graduate School offers a Master of Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, Business Analytics, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Real Estate, and a Self-Directed option. The program is 42 semester hours in length composed of 26 semester hours of core courses (Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Marketing, Microeconomics, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, and an MBA Capstone) and 16 semester hours of electives. Twelve semester hours of the elective course work are taken to fulfill the concentration requirement.
- Students may complete the program by selecting among four different enrollment options: Flexible (full-time or part-time enrollment), Accelerated, or Online.
- Students may start the on-campus Flexible full- or part-time program in the fall, spring, or summer semester. Most courses meet once per week from 6:00–8:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Full-time students can complete the degree in approximately one and half years. Part-time students register for one or two courses per semester and complete the program in two to three years. All concentrations are available to students enrolled in the Flexible option.
- Students in the on-campus Accelerated MBA Program may start the program in the fall only, and are enrolled as part of a cohort. Accelerated MBA students can complete the degree in one year, with most classes offered during the day and some evening options. Business Analytics, Finance, and Marketing concentrations are available to Accelerated MBA students.
- Students in the Online MBA Program will have the option of starting the program at five different points in the year: Fall A, Fall B, Spring A, Spring B, or Summer. All courses will be designed as 8-week asynchronous, online courses. Students in the Online MBA may choose among four concentrations: Business Analytics, Finance, Human Resource Management, and Management.
- Six of the seven core courses in the 15-week format are offered online and some elective courses are offered on campus on Saturdays.
- Students in the on-campus MBA program may pursue the following joint degrees: MBA/MS in Accounting, MBA/MS in Business Analytics, MBA/MS in Management Information Systems, MBA/MS in Supply Chain and Operations Management, MBA/Doctor of Medicine, MBA/Master of Public Health, and MBA/Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Students in the Online MBA program are not eligible to participate in joint degree programs.
The Master of Business Administration at UIC is considered a professional program and is not administered by the Graduate College. For more information on the MBA program, admission requirements, and the application process, please consult the College of Business website.