Business Administration (Professional Program: MBA)
The Liautaud Graduate School of Business offers a Master of Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, Business Analytics, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Business, Marketing, Management, Management Information Systems, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Real Estate, and a Self-Directed option. The program is 54 credits in length composed of 26 credits of core courses (Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Marketing, Microeconomics, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, and an MBA Capstone) and 28 credits of electives. Twelve credits of the elective course work are taken to fulfill the concentration requirement.
- Students may complete the program by selecting among four different scheduling options: full-time, part-time, weekend, and accelerated.
- For full-time and part-time students, most courses meet once per week from 6:00–8:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Full-time students can complete the degree in approximately two years. Part-time students register for one or two courses per semester and complete the program in three to four years.
- A part-time weekend option is offered on Saturdays. Students can complete the degree in two years, taking classes only on Saturdays.
- Students in the Accelerated Program can complete the degree in one year, with most classes offered during the day, and some evening options.
- All of the core courses are offered online and some elective courses are offered on Saturdays.
- Twelve concentration offerings including a self-directed option that allows students to customize their plan of study to reflect specific career goals.
- Six joint degree offerings including: MBA/MS in Accounting, MBA/MA in Economics, MBA/MS in Management Information Systems, MBA/Doctor of Medicine, MBA/Master of Public Health, and MBA/Doctor of Pharmacy.
The Master of Business Administration at UIC is considered a professional program and is not administered by the Graduate College. For more information on the MBA program, admission requirements, and the application process, please consult the following website: business.uic.edu/home-uic-business/prospective-students/liautaud-programs/mba.