MS in Bioengineering
Applicants are considered on an individual basis. In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field Physical sciences, engineering, computer science, mathematics, biology, or medicine. Students must have completed math through Calculus 1 (MATH 180), Calculus II (MATH 181), Calculus III (MATH 210), Differential Equations (MATH 220), and Applied Linear Algebra (MATH 310) prior to entering the program.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of undergraduate study.
- Tests Required GRE General, quantitative reasoning percentile rank above 50%.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Internet-based); 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (New Paper-Based—after August 2018); 550 (Institutional Testing Paper-Based—prior to August 2018), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 36.
- Course Work At least 28 hours (with thesis) or 36 hours (course work only). With thesis, at least 12 hours must be at the 500 level, excluding BIOE 595, BIOE 596, and BIOE 598. With course work only, at least 16 hours must be at the 500 level, excluding BIOE 595 and BIOE 596. Limited credit hours in BIOE 596 are allowed upon departmental approval.
|Seminar on Bioengineering (1 hour)|
Additional required courses vary by area; contact the department for the specific requirements of each area.
- Comprehensive Examination None.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options Thesis or course work only. No other options are available.
- Thesis: Students must earn at least 8 hours in BIOE 598.
- Course Work Only: Students must earn 36 hours from course work only as described in Course Work heading above, with the addition that 16 of the 36 hours must be BIOE course offerings at the 500 level.
- Other Requirements None.