MS in Chemical Engineering
The department reviews each applicant on an individual basis. Complete transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate work must be submitted. In addition to meeting the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field Engineering or chemistry.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate study, for the master’s program, and at least 3.50 for the doctoral program. In exceptional cases, applicants with averages below 3.00 but above 2.75 may be admitted on limited standing if they show evidence of substantial ability to complete the program successfully.
- Tests Required GRE General.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Internet-based); 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (New Paper-Based—after August 2018); 550 (Institutional Testing Paper-Based—prior to August 2018), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required.
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements of the Graduate College, students must also meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 36.
- Course Work At least 12 semester hours must be at the 500-level.
|Required Courses (5 courses; 20 hours)|
|Numerical Methods in Chemical Engineering|
or CHE 445
|Mathematical Methods In Chemical Engineering|
or CHE 502
|Fluid Phase Equilibria|
or CHE 511
|Advanced Mass Transfer|
or CHE 512
|Microhydrodynamics, Diffusion and Membrane Transport|
|Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering|
|Select one of the following:|
One course (4 hours) (thesis option)
Three courses (12 hours) (project option)
Four courses (16 hours) (course-work-only option)
|M.S. Thesis Preparation (12 hours for thesis option)|
|Project Research (4 hours for project option)|
- Comprehensive Examination Not required.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options Thesis, project, or course-work-only options are available.