Master of Energy Engineering
Transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate work must be submitted. In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Degree and Field A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent in an engineering discipline, mathematics, computer science, or a natural science, such as physics or chemistry, from an accredited college or university will be required, except in special cases. Generally qualified candidates may be required by the department to remove specific course work deficiencies by completing selected undergraduate courses prior to matriculation or graduation. In most cases, the prerequisites for admission to the degree program would be satisfied by one course in thermodynamics and one in heat transfer, and these are prerequisites for several of the required courses in the degree.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of undergraduate study and any postbaccalaureate course work.
- Tests Required GRE General for all applicants with degrees from outside the U.S.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 550 (paper-based); 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Internet-based), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 32 hours of course work. No thesis is required.
- Course Work
|Combined Heat and Power, Design, and Management|
|Building Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning|
|Industrial Energy Management and Conservation|
|Internal Combustion Engines|
|Electric Power Generation|
|Engineering Project Coordination and Management|
|Design of Energy Efficient Buildings|
|Sustainable Energy Engineering and Renewable Energy|
- Students must get the approval of the director of graduate studies to take online courses.
- Any substitute courses to the above required courses must be approved first by the student’s advisor and then by the director of graduate studies.
- Comprehensive Examination None.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options Course work only.