MBA/MA in Economics
All MBA application materials should be submitted to the MBA Program Office. See Business Administration (Professional Program: MBA) in the College of Business Administration section for more information.
In addition to Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 72.
- Course Work No more than 12 hours total of ECON 596 and ECON 598 can be applied to the degree.
|Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|Microeconomic Theory I|
|Microeconomic Theory II|
|Macroeconomic Theory I a|
|Macroeconomic Theory II a|
|Introduction to Corporate Finance|
|Introduction to Operations Management|
|Introduction to Marketing|
12 additional hours in economics at the 500-level b
16 additional hours of 500-level courses in at least two other disciplines within the College of Business Administration, except economics
All students must complete the four courses in economic theory with a grade point average in these four courses of at least 3.00/4.00. Credit will be given for at most one grade of C in any of these courses.
- Comprehensive Examination None.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options Thesis or course work only. No other options are available.
- Thesis: No more than 8 hours of ECON 598 can be applied to the degree.
- Course Work Only: Students who do not write a thesis must enroll in two elective courses in economics, one of which must be at the 500 level