Master of Public Policy
Applicants are considered on an individual basis. In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field No restrictions.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of undergraduate study, including all work taken in the term in which the student began the final 60 semester hours of study. Applications with a GPA below 3.0 must be approved by the Graduate College.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Test); 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (revised Paper-Delivered Test), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required from instructors familiar with the applicant’s academic training or supervisors familiar with the applicant’s professional experiences.
- Personal Statement Required. Applicants must submit a 2–3 page statement of their professional goals and academic interests.
- Additional Materials Applicants must submit a resume and a 5–10 page writing sample.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 54.
- Course Work
|Required Courses (38 hours)|
|Foundations of Public Service|
|Principles of Data Analysis|
|Economics for Management and Policy|
|Public Policy Development and Process|
|Public Policy Analysis|
|Public Program Evaluation|
|Advanced Data Analysis I|
|Public Administration Capstone|
|Managing Your Career|
|Policy Area Specialization (8 hours)|
Select 8 semester hours within a policy area specialization in health policy, educational policy, environmental policy and urban planning, housing and community development, or a specialization approved by the director of graduate studies or advisor.
|Electives (8 hours)|
Select 8 semester hours with the approval of the advisor.
- Grade Point Average Students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.00/4.00 in the program in order to graduate and must receive a C or higher in all required courses.
- Comprehensive Examination: None
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options: Course work only. No other options available.