In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Prior Degrees At minimum, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s and a master’s or professional degree from any accredited graduate program is required. For those with an MBA, the degree must be granted either by UIC or another school accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Transcripts An official transcript sent in a signed, sealed envelope from each postsecondary institution attended.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.00/4.00 for the terminal degree work.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL Applicants taking the iBT Test must have a minimum score of 95, with subscores of Reading 24, Listening 22, Speaking 24, and Writing 24. Applicants taking the revised Paper-Delivered Test must have a minimum score of 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21, OR,
- IELTS 7.0, with subscores of 6.5 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 51, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Personal Statement The statement should address questions on the form provided in the application.
- Resume Applicant should submit a resume that highlights education and work experience (applicant should have at least two years of work experience in industries that can directly translate to health informatics, such as healthcare, IT, health information management, consulting, or law. This excludes academic student jobs).
- Deadlines Application deadlines for this program are listed on the Graduate College website.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
|Foundations of Health Information Management|
|Medical Terminology for Health Information Management|
|Introduction to Health Informatics|
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 24.
- Course Work
|Health Care Data|
|Information Sources in Biomedical & Health Information Sciences|
|Health Care Information Systems|
|Management of Health Care Communication Systems|
|Health Information Systems Analysis and Design|
|Social and Organizational Issues in Health Informatics|
|Topics in Health Informatics|
|Healthcare Data Security and Cybersecurity Foundations|
|Knowledge Management in Healthcare Organizations|
|Consumer Health Informatics|
|Transforming Healthcare using Business Intelligence and Predictive Analytics|
|Health Care Project Management|
|Leadership Development in Health Informatics|
|Health Informatics Business Intelligence Tools and Application|