MS in Bioinformatics
Applicants are considered on an individual basis. In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field Physical sciences, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or biology. Students from other areas are also encouraged to apply if their backgrounds indicate a reasonable chance of success in the program.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate study.
- Tests Required None.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Test); 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (revised Paper-Delivered Test), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 36.
- Course Work At least 28 hours (with thesis) or 36 hours (course work only). At least 12 hours must be at the 500 level, excluding BME 595 and BME 598. Limited hours in BME 596 are allowed upon departmental approval.
|Seminar on Biomedical Engineering (1 hour)|
Additional required courses vary by area; contact the department or program for the specific courses offered.
- Comprehensive Examination None.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options Thesis or course work only. No other options are available.
- Thesis: Students must earn at least 8 hours in BME 598.
- Course Work Only: Students must earn 36 hours from course work only as described in Course Work heading above, with the addition that 16 of the 36 hours must be BME course offerings at the 500 level.
- Other Requirements Each student must present at least one seminar prior to graduation.