PhD in Bioinformatics
Applicants are considered on an individual basis. In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field Physical sciences, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or biology. Students from other areas are also encouraged to apply if their backgrounds indicate a reasonable chance of success in the program.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate study.
- Tests Required None.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Test); 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (revised Paper-Delivered Test), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required.
- Deadlines Application deadlines for this program are listed on the Graduate College website, including deadline for applicants who require funding.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 108 from the baccalaureate.
- Course Work At least 32 hours must be at the 500-level, excluding BME 599.
|Seminar on Biomedical Engineering (2 hours)|
Additional required courses vary by area; contact the department or program for additional required courses in the elective areas.
- Departmental Qualifying Examination: Required.
- Preliminary Examination: Required.
- Dissertation Required. Students must earn at least 44 semester hours in BME 599.
- Other Requirements Each student is required to present at least two seminars prior to graduation. Students must be registered during the semester of intended graduation.