MS in Materials Engineering
Applicants are considered on an individual basis. Complete transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work must be submitted. In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field Engineering or a related field.
- Grade Point Average At least 2.75/4.00 for the final 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate study.
- Tests Required None.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 80 (computer-based), with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21; 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (New Paper-Based—after August 2018); 550 (Institutional Testing Paper-Based—prior to August 2018), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Not required for master's applicants.
- Personal Statement Not required for master's applicants.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 36.
- Course Work At least 24 hours with thesis, or 36 semester hours with course work only, must be in courses chosen from major courses listed on the department web page, excluding CME 496 and CME 497. At least 12 hours must be at the 500-level, and at least 8 hours must be in 500-level didactic courses in the CME department, excluding CME 596 and CME 598.
- Comprehensive Examination None.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options Thesis or course-work-only options are available.
- Thesis: No more than 12 hours of CME 598 can be applied to the degree.