MS in Forensic Toxicology
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field BS in chemistry, biochemistry, or pharmaceutical sciences, and/or PharmD. Analytical chemistry, one semester physical chemistry, and instrumental analysis are required.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.25/4.00 overall. Applications are strengthened by a GPA higher than 3.25/4.00 overall, and a minimum of 3.00/4.00 in science and mathematics courses.
- Tests Required GRE General Test; applications are strengthened by scores corresponding to the 60th percentile (verbal) and 70th percentile (quantitative) or higher, and 5 or higher in analytical writing.
- Minimum English Language Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (new Internet-based TOEFL). Recommended score of 87, with subscores of Reading 21, Listening 21, Speaking 23, and Writing 22; 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (New Paper-Based—after August 2018); 600 (Institutional Testing Paper-Based—prior to August 2018), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 42.
- Course Work
|Foundations of Forensic Toxicology|
|Drug Identification Chemistry|
|Forensic Science Seminar (2 hours)|
|Human Physiology II|
|Six semester hours that may be selected from among the following:|
|Principles of Toxicology|
|Biopharmaceutical Sciences I|
|Biopharmaceutical Sciences II|
|Pharmacodynamics of Substance Abuse|
|Expert Witness Testimony and Courtroom Demeanor|
|Forensic Science Internship|
- Comprehensive Examination None.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options Thesis only. No other options are available. Students must earn at least 6 hours in BPS 598.