MS in Forensic Toxicology
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field BS in chemistry, biochemistry, or pharmaceutical sciences, and/or PharmD. Analytical chemistry, one semester physical chemistry, and instrumental analysis are required.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.25/4.00 overall. Applications are strengthened by a GPA higher than 3.25/4.00 overall, and a minimum of 3.00/4.00 in science and mathematics courses.
- Tests Required GRE General Test; applications are strengthened by scores corresponding to the 60th percentile (verbal) and 70th percentile (quantitative) or higher, and 5 or higher in analytical writing.
- Minimum English Language Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Test). Recommended score of 87, with subscores of Reading 21, Listening 21, Speaking 23, and Writing 22; 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (revised Paper-Delivered Test), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 42.
- Course Work
|Foundations of Forensic Toxicology|
|Drug Identification Chemistry|
|Forensic Science Seminar (2 hours)|
|Human Physiology II|
|Six semester hours that may be selected from among the following:|
|Principles of Toxicology|
|Biopharmaceutical Sciences I|
|Biopharmaceutical Sciences II|
|Pharmacodynamics of Substance Abuse|
|Expert Witness Testimony and Courtroom Demeanor|
|Forensic Science Internship|
- Comprehensive Examination None.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options Thesis only. No other options are available. Students must earn at least 6 hours in BPS 598.