Master of Healthcare Administration
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Degree Required.
- Grade Point Average 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of undergraduate study and for all cumulative graduate work previously taken.
- Tests Required All MHA applicants must submit an approved standardized test for graduate-level education (e.g., GRE) taken within five years. Scores should ideally be 60th percentile or better. Applicants with advanced professional degrees may have this requirement waived.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 585–600 (paper-based), plus Test of Written English scores in the range of 5–6; 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Internet-based), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required, preferably from instructors or employers.
- Personal Statement Required; addressing the applicant’s goals for graduate study, public health interest, and career development.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 60.
- Course Work
|Principles of Epidemiology|
|U.S. Health Care System|
|Health Organizational Leadership|
|Quality Management in Health Services|
|Healthcare Human Resourse Management|
|Introduction to Public Health Policy|
|Law and the Health Care System|
|Heath Care Finance I|
|Healthcare Finance II|
|Information and Decision Support Systems for Healthcare Administration|
|Managerial Health Economics|
|Quantitative Methods for Healthcare Managers|
|Topics in Healthcare Leadership|
|MHA Capstone I|
|MHA Capstone II|
|Population Based Healthcare Services Planning|
- Comprehensive Examination None.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options MHA capstone (HPA 496 and HPA 498) is required. No other options are available.
- Other Requirements Each student must complete a preceptorship (HPA 495). Credit will be granted for completion of the tasks in the published preceptor syllabus, and submission of an acceptable portfolio that is the primary academic product of the MHA Preceptorship.