Registering and Enrolling in Courses

Registration and Enrollment Information and Policies

Accessing and Using my.UIC

UIC’s comprehensive online resource for students is called my.UIC and can be found at Students can use my.UIC to access important information and complete many essential tasks related to being a student at UIC. For example, students can use my.UIC to access XE Registration to register for courses, view their course schedule or degree audit, and update personal information. Students should see the First Time Portal Users section of my.UIC for information on establishing the necessary User IDs (netid and EnterpriseID) for access.

Email Is the Official Method of Campus Communication

All students are responsible for maintaining a valid university email address and/or for­warding university emails to their preferred non-university email address. If students choose to forward emails or change their service, they are still responsible for this information. [OFFICIAL] campus announcements will be sent out via mass email to students for all official information students must be aware of. Colleges and/or departments maintain separate email listservs, which may be used to convey specific information to their own students.

Crucial messages, such as the availability of students' tuition E-Bill or registration Time Ticket, will be sent directly to their UIC email account. Students can create an email account after activating the Network ID (netid) that was assigned to them upon admission. For additional information on creating a UIC email account or forwarding UIC email, visit the Technology Solutions web page.

Before Registering for the First Time

Newly admitted students have a number of steps to complete prior to enrolling. Visit the Office of Admissions website to learn more about enrollment steps. These steps typically include the following items:

  • Taking the necessary placement tests. Visit the Testing Services website for more information about placement testing for first year and transfer students.
  • Participating in New Student Orientation and discussing course selection with an academic advisor. Visit the New Student Orientation website for more information.

Initial Academic Advising and New Student Orientation

Students who have been granted admission for the fall semester are invited (after taking placement tests) by their college to orientation and advising on campus during the summer months. At that time they are advised by representatives of their college who assist them in selecting courses for the fall semester.

Students admitted for the spring semester will receive academic advising as part of a spring orientation day. Due to course availability, transfer students are advised to register for classes as early as possible, prior to their orientation/advising dates.

Registering for Courses

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for handling course registration and official academic records, called transcripts.

Students register for classes through XE Registration. Students should login to XE Registration found at my.UIC or the Office of the Registrar’s website for complete instructions on using the system to register for courses. Please note that privileges in XE Registration may be restricted due to excessive attempts to register amounting to abuse of university computing resources.

Change of Course Schedule—Dropping Courses

The course self-drop deadline (using my.UIC) is the second Friday of fall and spring for Part of Term 1, the first Wednesday of Summer Session 1, or the first Friday of Summer Session 2.

Starting with the third week and ending with the tenth week of the term (third Wednesday of Summer Session 1 and weeks 2 through 5 for Summer Session 2), undergraduate students may drop individual courses in their college offices, up to the maximum permitted limit of four over the course of their undergraduate degree programs. Undergraduate and graduate students who drop during this time period will receive a W grade on their academic records. There is no refund for course drops made after the second Friday of fall and spring, the first Wednesday of Summer Session 1, or the first Friday of Summer Session 2.

International students in F-1 or J-1 status are required to be registered full time (12 semester hours) every semester. International students who wish to register for less than 12 semester hours should speak with an advisor in the Office of International Services (OIS) prior to dropping courses or under-enrolling. In order to maintain immigration status, permission must be granted by OIS in advance of dropping below full time. OIS is located in 2160 Student Services Building (SSB) and may be contacted at (312) 996-3121 or

Students should consult their college section of the catalog for information on how to drop courses with permission of the college.

Change of College or Degree Program for Current Students

Any continuing student who wishes to transfer from one college or major to another within the university shall do the following:

  1. Initiate a request for change of college, major, or curriculum by contacting the appropriate college office for approval, in accordance with college deadlines. For intercollege transfers, contact the college to which transfer is sought. For change of major/curriculum within a college, contact the college in which currently enrolled.
  2. The college will evaluate the request and notify the student regarding acceptance. Certain colleges may require a supplementary application process. Approved changes will be processed in the college office. After the start of Advance Registration, approved changes will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar for processing. Note: Any changes received after classes have begun will be effective for the next academic term.
  3. Any student who has been inactive for two consecutive semesters and thereby has lost continuing status must request a change of college or major as part of an application for readmission.

Course Numbering


Courses numbered 001–099 do not carry academic credit but meet special program requirements. These courses carry semester hours that do not count toward the total hours required for graduation, but do count in the calculation of tuition and toward full- or part-time enrollment status and financial aid eligibility. Grades for these courses are not calculated in the grade point average.


Courses numbered 100–199 are open to all undergraduate students. These are introductory courses generally appropriate for the first-year college student.


Courses numbered 200–299 are intended for sophomores, juniors, and seniors who have completed the 100-level prerequisites.


Courses numbered 300–399 are generally intended for juniors and seniors. Sophomores may register for them if they have completed 200-level prerequisites.


Courses numbered 400–499 are intended for advanced undergraduate and graduate students. Students will note that some 400-level courses listed in the catalog and Schedule of Classes have sections (CRNs) with differential credit (i.e., one CRN is offered for 3 semester hours for undergraduate students and one CRN is offered for 4 semester hours for graduate students). Undergraduate students who enroll in a 400-level course should enroll in the designated, lower-credit-level CRN. Graduate students should enroll in the designated, higher-credit-level CRN.

Course Prerequisites

Prerequisites, if any, are included in the course description. Students are responsible for completing all prerequisites prior to enrolling in a course. For some courses, the student registration system will prevent students from registering if prerequisites have not been completed. Regardless of whether or not the registration system prevents a student from enrolling in a course, the university will not be responsible for a student’s failure to adhere to those prerequisites.

Eligibility to Register: University Policy on Continuing Student Status

For the purpose of determining eligibility to register, continuing students are defined as students whose enrollment at UIC has not been interrupted for two or more semesters in succession (summer session excluded). Students who lose continuing status are considered “former students.” Should they wish to reenroll after having lost continuing status, reapplication and readmission to the university are required.

International students must contact the Office of International Services if they do not intend to enroll for any term.

  1. Currently enrolled students are eligible to register and should receive online Time Tickets (or appointments) for advance registration.
  2. Students who are continuing but not currently enrolled are eligible to register beginning with the open registration period.
  3. Readmitted students will receive registration information along with their notices of readmission.
  4. When any one of the following conditions is present, a student is not eligible to register:
    1. Loss of continuing status (i.e., nonattendance for two or more semesters in succession, excluding students on approved leave of absence).
    2. Dismissed by the student’s college or the university for poor scholarship or disciplinary reasons.
    3. Financial indebtedness to the university.
    4. Failure to satisfy the requirements of the Illinois Proof of Immunity Law.
    5. Any other academic or administrative hold that precludes registration.

Special Enrollment Categories—Visitors/Auditors

Enrolled students, faculty, or staff wishing to attend meetings of a course without earning academic credit may register as auditors at no additional cost.

Persons not affiliated with UIC as enrolled students, faculty, or staff must apply to the university as a nondegree student and pay the applicable tuition and fees in order to audit a course.

Because the courses offered by the University of Illinois Chicago are intended for students registering for academic credit, attending class as an auditor is privilege granted only when certain requirements and conditions are met.

Courses taken for audit do not apply toward any academic degree and do not count as part of a student’s full-time or part-time course load for purposes of financial aid, loan deferments, athletic eligibility, or fulfillment of the enrollment residence requirement.

Requirements and Conditions:

  • Attending class as an auditor is permitted on a space-available basis on or after the first day of instruction.
  • Audit registration requires the approval of the course instructor and college, and must be completed no later than the last day of late registration.
  • Registration for an audited course will appear on the transcript with a grade of AU.
  • Students who audit a course do not have the privilege of participating in the course activities in any way.
  • The instructor or college may refuse to permit an audit registration in a course.
  • Not all courses may be audited. Each college/department may designate courses that do not accept auditors.
  • Individual college policies, in some cases, may prohibit a student from enrolling for credit after a course has already been taken on an audit basis.
  • A student does not receive academic credit for an audited course and is not eligible to take a proficiency examination based on the content of the audited course.
  • A person who is auditing and wishes to take the course for credit must change the registration by the end of the late registration period.
  • Degree-seeking students considering the audit option should discuss it with their academic advisors to determine if it is the best choice, or if another grading option, such as credit/no credit, may be more appropriate.


Students planning to audit a course must complete the following procedure:

  • The opportunity to audit is allowed for degree-seeking students and UIC faculty and staff.  Those outside of UIC must first gain admission as a nondegree student before requesting to audit a class.
  • A registration audit request may not be completed until the first day of classes.
  • Persons who wish to audit must obtain a Visitor’s Permit form from the Office of the Registrar during the Late Registration/Add-Drop period. They must secure the written approval of the course instructor and the college offering the course, submit the approved Visitor’s Permit to the Office of the Registrar no later than the second Friday of fall and spring semester (please check the Office of the Registrar website for the summer session deadlines). Note that applicable tuition and fees apply for audited course work. If solely taking classes as an auditor, full fees and applicable tuition are applied.
  • An audited course will be indicated on a student’s academic record with a grade of AU.  Faculty and staff who wish to have a grade of AU reflected on an academic record must be admitted as a student.


Students may request copies of their official transcripts from the Office of the Registrar. Students who have been admitted to the university pending the receipt of credentials are not eligible to receive transcripts until these obligations are cleared. For mailed-in requests, students should allow at least two weeks from the date of their request for their transcripts to be processed. Online requests are typically mailed or ready for pickup the next business day. There is a charge for each transcript.

Withdrawal from the University

Withdrawal from the university is governed by specific regulations that must be observed to protect the student’s academic standing. Failure to do so results in a grade of F (failure) in each course in which the student is registered. During the online drop/add period for each term, students may withdraw using Student Self-Service. See online withdrawal instructions. After the online drop/add period, undergraduate students should initiate an official withdrawal on the Office of the Registrar's website.

Students who withdraw from all courses for which they are enrolled are considered withdrawn from the university. Students who withdraw from the university are eligible to register for a subsequent term unless they lose their continuing student status. Students lose their continuing student status when they have not attended UIC for two or more semesters in succession (excluding summer session or an approved leave of absence). Students whose enrollment has been interrupted for two or more semesters in succession must submit an application for readmission to the university.

A student who has been charged with an offense that may result in disciplinary action may not officially withdraw from the university until the hearing of the case has been conducted by the appropriate disciplinary committee.

Withdrawal to Enter U.S. Military Service

Policies and Procedures Regarding Undergraduate Students Leaving for and Returning from Military Service

Students who have been called to military service or who anticipate being called are entitled to certain rights as defined by the University Senate and outlined below. Students withdrawing for military service can do so quickly and easily and will know what steps are required to reenroll at the end of their deployment. Students begin the process of withdrawing from or returning to UIC with the two offices described below that have designated staff to work with students leaving for military service and returning veterans.

Office of the Registrar
Student Services Building, Room 1200
1200 West Harrison Street
(312) 996-8600

The Veteran’s Registration Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar coordinates the formal withdrawal from the university and classes, tuition and fee refunds, and health insurance options; coordinates with academic departments on issues of grades and graduation; and activates a student’s enrollment upon return to the university. All students withdrawing from or returning to UIC from military service must meet with the Veteran’s Registration Coordinator. Students should bring their activation orders or other official notification with them to their appointment.

Student Veterans Affairs
Office of the Dean of Students
Student Services Building, Room 3030
1200 West Harrison Street
(312) 996-4857

Student Veterans Affairs housed within the Office of the Dean of Students assists veterans receiving educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. All students receiving benefits at the time of deployment must meet with the Associate Director of Student Veterans Affairs prior to deploying. The Associate Director can provide counseling and assistance with the application of federal or state veteran benefits.

Undergraduate Students Withdrawing from UIC to Enter U.S. Military Service

  1. Are entitled to withdraw without penalty and without academic credit, and receive a full refund of tuition and fees.
  2. If withdrawal for deployment occurs upon completion of the 12th week of the semester, undergraduate students are entitled without examination to receive full credit for each course in which they attained a standing of C or better at the time of withdrawal. Students will receive the grade attained in each course at the time of withdrawal. Grades reported below C are recorded as W (withdrawn). Students using this option are not eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees. Nursing students and other students in majors that have licensing, credentialing, or accreditation requirements are not eligible for this option.
  3. Policy Governing Graduating Seniors: A student in his/her last semester of study leading to graduation, who qualifies for full credit upon completion of the twelfth week, or later, of the final semester, may be recommended for the degree at the discretion of the student’s college and major department provided that the following conditions are met:
    1. The student has been in residence at UIC for at least two full semesters (not including the term of withdrawal);
    2. The student has met all requirements for graduation (including minimum scholarship requirements), except for those requirements that the student would fulfill by completing the courses for which he/she is registered at the time of withdrawal during the last term.
      A senior in good standing who withdraws from the university at any time to enter military service as a result of state or national emergency, and who does so enter within ten instructional days and who lacks no more than one-sixteenth of the total semester hours required for the degree, may, at the discretion of the student’s college and on approval of the major department concerned, be recommended for such degree. No such student who has acquired hours under the twelfth weeks rule adopted by the Senate, however, shall be considered eligible for this privilege.
      A “senior in good standing” is meant as one whose progress during university registration has been satisfactory to the administrators of the student’s college. Among grounds for dissatisfaction might be negligence in meeting requirements or scholastic deficiencies.
      “At any time” shall be interpreted to mean “during any semester in residence or the interim between semesters.” It is not intended for students who, after these rules are operative, stay out of college for any semester, and who thus do not make continuous progress to their degrees.
  4.     Campus housing residents are entitled a prorated refund of room and board charges.

Undergraduate Students Returning to UIC after U.S. Military Service

  1. Returning students must meet with the Veteran’s Registration Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar and the Veteran’s Affairs Office Coordinator within the Office of Student Financial Aid.
  2. Undergraduate students who have attended classes and withdraw from the university to enter military service are entitled to a leave of absence for a period of up to five years, and may return to the university without having to apply for readmission. Withdrawal for military service stops the clock for Illinois residents with a four-year-tuition guarantee. Returning veterans will continue paying their four-year guaranteed tuition rate until they have reached a maximum of four years at the guaranteed tuition rate.
  3. Students admitted to UIC as first time students, who did not attend any classes before deployment, are entitled to defer their admission for up to 24 months after their return from military service and may return to the university without having to apply for readmission.
  4. All students returning from military service will have priority registration. A returning veteran must check in with the Veteran’s Registration Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar in order to be granted priority registration.
  5. All students returning from military service will have priority for on-campus housing, including the option of temporary campus housing while making a decision about where to live.

(Military withdrawal and reentry policies updated 8/14/08 by VPAES.)

Additional Policies Affecting Registration and Enrollment

Admission or Readmission Denied Because of Misconduct

The university reserves the right either to deny admission or readmission to any person because of previous misconduct that may substantially affect the interest of the university, or to admit or readmit such a person on an appropriate disciplinary status. The admission or readmission of such a person will not be approved or denied until his or her case has been heard by the appropriate disciplinary committee. This applies to persons not now enrolled in the university who might apply for admission or readmission. A favorable action of the appropriate disciplinary committee does not abrogate the right of any dean or director to deny admission or readmission on the basis of scholarship.

Falsification of Documents

Any student who for purposes of fraud or misrepresentation, falsifies, forges, defaces, alters, or mutilates in any manner an official university document or representation thereof may be subject to discipline. Some examples of official documents are identification cards, student schedules, medical and immunization records, grade reports, receipts, transcripts, library documents, and petitions for change in state residence status.

Any applicant who knowingly withholds information or gives false information on an application for admission or readmission may become ineligible for admission to the university or may be subject to discipline.

Medical Immunization Requirements

The Illinois Department of Public Health mandates that all students born on or after January 1, 1957, entering a postsecondary institution are required to present documented proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus and diphtheria and meningitis as a prerequisite to registration. The Medical Immunization Form can be found on the Office of the Registrar's website. In addition, students may request that their Illinois high school health record, the Certificate of Health Examination, be forwarded to the university at the time that the high school transmits the official high school academic record.

Those students who are not properly immunized and have not submitted a written statement of medical, religious, or philosophical objection exemption are required to undergo immunization within the first term of enrollment. Failure to provide the required proof of immunity shall prevent a student from enrolling in a subsequent term. Students registering for on-campus course(s) (includes previous terms) and are registered for more than 5 semester hours (includes previous terms) are required to fulfill immunization requirements. Prior to registering for on-campus courses or for more than five credit hours, students must submit the required proof of immunity which can be found online at the Office of the Registrar's website.

Questions pertaining to acceptable proof of immunity may be directed to the Office of Medical Immunization Records, Student Services Building or (312) 413-0464. The mailing address is

Office of Medical Immunization Records
Student Services Building
1200 West Harrison Street, Suite 1200
Chicago, Illinois 60607

Social Security Number (Student Identification Number)

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, applicants for admission and enrolled students are advised that the requested disclosure of the social security number is voluntary. The applicant or student has the right to refuse disclosure of this number or request its removal from records without penalty. If no social security number is entered or submitted as part of the application process, then a special 9-digit Temporary Control Number (TCN) is assigned.

The social security number is needed to help identify student financial records. It is required as an identifier for grants, loans, and other financial aid programs. It may also be needed to verify the accuracy of admission-related records and permanent academic records. Social Security Numbers not supplied in the application process but later submitted as part of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid will become part of the student record.

Any inaccuracies in social security number (or assigned student number) should be reported immediately to the Office of the Registrar.

The social security number will not be disclosed to individuals or agencies outside the University of Illinois except in accordance with the UIC Student Records Policy and applicable law.

Use of Animals in Instruction

The University of Illinois Chicago offers certain courses in which live, euthanized, or preserved vertebrate animals are used as part of course requirements. Such courses are identified in the Schedule of Classes with the note “Animals used in instruction.”

Students who have ethical concerns about the use of animals in teaching have the responsibility to contact the instructor, prior to enrollment in any course in which animals may be used as part of course instruction, to determine whether class exercises involving animals are optional or required, and what alternatives, if any, are available. If no alternatives are available, the refusal to participate in required activities involving animals may result in a failing grade in the course.

Rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

Annually, the University of Illinois Chicago informs students of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). FERPA affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. They are as follows:

  1. The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days of the day the university receives a request for access. Students should submit to the Office of the Registrar, dean, department head, or other appropriate records custodian, written requests that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect. The university official will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the university official to whom the request was submitted, that official will advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.
  2. The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records that the student believes are inaccurate or misleading. Students may ask the university to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. They should write to the university official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. If the university decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the university will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.
  3. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. One exception, which permits disclosure without consent, is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the university in an administrative, supervisory, academic, research, or support staff position (including law enforcement personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the university has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the University of Illinois Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks.
    A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.
    Upon request, the University of Illinois Chicago will disclose education records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll.
  4. The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the University of Illinois Chicago to comply with the requirements of FERPA.

The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA is:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20202-4605

Directory Information

FERPA prohibits access by non-university personnel to information about individual students without the student’s written authorization, except that which is considered public information. The University of Illinois Chicago hereby designates the following as public or “directory information.” Such information may be disclosed by the university for any purpose, at its discretion.

  1. Name.
  2. University Identification Number (UIN).
  3. University email; and permanent city, state, and postal ZIP code.
  4. Class/Level (Graduate, Undergraduate, Professional, Nondegree, Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior).
  5. College and Major field of study/Concentration/Minor.
  6. Day and month of birth.
  7. Participation in officially recognized activities and sports.
  8. Weight and height if the student is an athletic team member.
  9. Dates of admission/attendance.
  10. Attendance site (campus, location).
  11. Expected graduation date.
  12. Degrees conferred, with dates.
  13. Current term hours enrolled and enrollment status (full-time, part-time, not enrolled, withdrawn and date of withdrawal).
  14. Awards, honors and achievements (including distinguished academic performance), with dates.
  15. Eligibility for membership in honoraries.
  16. For students appointed as fellows, assistants, graduate, or undergraduate hourly employees, the title, appointing department, appointment date, duties and percent time of appointment.
  17. Video and photographic images of students taken by the university during public events, with the exception of the official UIC identification photograph.

To examine his or her record, the student must submit a written request to the appropriate record-keeping office. The appropriate office will comply with the request within a reasonable amount of time, not to exceed 45 days after receipt of the request.

To prevent the release of directory information, the student must obtain a request form from the Office of the Registrar no later than the tenth day of the semester (fifth day of Summer Session 2). Such requests for nondisclosure will be honored so long as the student is continuously enrolled or unless he/she sooner revokes the request in writing.

University Card Terms and Responsibilities

Identification Card (i-card): All cardholders are required to abide by the University Card Terms and Responsibilities. Students are responsible for abiding by card terms and responsibilities.

I understand that:

  • A University of Illinois System identification card (“ID”) is University of Illinois System (“System”) property. This ID is issued to help identify its valid holder, and it must be presented upon request.
  • A University of Illinois System ID is nontransferable and does not obligate the System in any way.
  • My ID is valid only while I am a registered student, active employee or affiliate, or retiree, or until that ID is expired or revoked. An invalid ID may be confiscated.
  • I am allowed only one ID at a time, and only the most recent, unexpired one issued to me is valid. Presenting an ID that is not my most recent may result in that ID being confiscated.
  • Altering an ID or intentionally damaging it invalidates it and may result in it being confiscated.
  • Using another person’s ID or letting another person use mine may result in disciplinary action and/or confiscation of that ID.
  • I should return my ID to an ID Center when I leave the University of Illinois System; I must return it upon request.
  • ID data, including but not limited to the University Identification Number (UIN), card number, and photo, may be used for University of Illinois System purposes.
  • If I link my ID to an account with any external service (such as banking), I am releasing my UIN to that provider.
  • If my ID is lost or stolen, I am responsible for immediately deactivating it by contacting my university’s ID Center or police. Until I deactivate my missing ID, I may be liable for its unauthorized use, including purchases.
  • If my lost or stolen ID is linked to any spending or access account, I am responsible for notifying the relevant service providers.
  • I am responsible for paying any replacement fee when my ID is lost, stolen, confiscated, altered, or intentionally damaged.
  • By accepting possession of a University of Illinois System ID, I agree to hold harmless the University of Illinois Board of Trustees and its officers, employees, representatives, or agents, from and against any claims, damages, costs, expenses, including an amount equal to reasonable attorneys’ fees, or liabilities, including for loss or damage to any property or for death or injury to any persons, arising out of or in any way connected with any incorrect or outdated phone numbers that may be listed on the ID.

Observance of Religious Holidays

  1. The following policy regarding student observance of religious holidays was approved by the UIC Senate:
    “The faculty of the University of Illinois Chicago shall make every effort to avoid scheduling examinations or requiring that student projects be turned in or completed on religious holidays. Students who wish to observe their religious holidays shall notify the faculty member, by the tenth day of the term, of the date when they will be absent unless the religious holiday is observed on or before the tenth day. In such cases, the student shall notify the faculty member at least five days in advance of the date when he/she will be absent. The faculty member shall make every reasonable effort to honor the request, not penalize the student for missing the class, and if an examination or project is due during the absence, give the student an exam or assignment equivalent to the one completed by those students in attendance. If the student feels aggrieved, he or she may request remedy through the campus grievance procedure.”
  2. Although this policy was adopted to accommodate students’ observances of religious holidays, students must take care not to abuse the policy. It would be unreasonable, for example, for a student to request a two-week absence from classes for religious purposes.
  3. Information concerning specific religious holidays may be obtained from the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs or from Student Development Services.
  4.  Student Academic Grievance Procedures (see University Degree Requirements, Graduation, and Commencement section of the catalog) are applicable to students who feel aggrieved by the implementation of this policy.