MS in Marketing
Applicants are considered on an individual basis. Transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work must be submitted to the UIC Business Liautaud Graduate School Program Office. In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Degree Required Bachelor's degree.
- Baccalaureate Field No restrictions.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of undergraduate study. Applicants with a master’s degree must have maintained a grade point average of at least 3.00/4.00 in that program.
- Tests Required GMAT or GRE, taken within five years of entry into the program.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 90, with subscores of Reading 21, Listening 21, Speaking 25, and Writing 23 (iBT Internet-based); 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (New Paper-Based—after August 2018); 570 (Institutional Testing Paper-Based—prior to August 2018), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.5 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 61
- Letters of Recommendation Two required.
- Personal Statement Required.
- Resume Required.
- Other Requirements Prerequisites: MKTG 500, MGMT 541, and ACTG 500 or FIN 500 (or MKTG 360, MGMT 340, and ACTG 210 or FIN 301 if the bachelor's degree is from UIC). An admitted student may also fulfill prerequisites at the start of the program although this will increase the time for degree completion.
- Guaranteed Admissions to MS in Marketing University of Illinois students or alumni (from the three campuses who have graduated from any undergraduate, graduate or professional program within three years of start of the MSM program) with a cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.00 will have GMAT and GRE requirements waived and will be guaranteed admissions into the program provided all other requirements are met. Complete applications for guaranteed admissions must be submitted by the specified deadline to qualify for guaranteed admissions.
- Deadlines The application deadline for this program is the Graduate College deadline.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 34, beyond prerequisites. Course work consists of 14 hours of required courses and 20 hours of elective courses.
- Course Work Degree candidates must earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00/4.00 for all 400- and 500-level courses. At least five courses used toward the MS degree must be at the 500-level.
|Required Courses (14 hours)|
|Marketing Research I|
|Electives (20 hours)|
|Select five courses. Three electives may be taken to complete one of the concentrations below and the remaining two as freestanding electives. Alternatively, any five marketing electives may be taken. Other graduate courses may be taken to substitute up to two of the electives with the approval of the director of graduate studies.|
|Advertising and Marketing Communications Concentration|
|Select three of the following:|
|Marketing Communication and Promotional Strategy|
|Digital and Social Media Marketing|
|Global and Multicultural Marketing Concentration|
|International Business Operations|
|Marketing Research Concentration|
|Marketing Research II|
|Market and Business Intelligence|
|Interdisciplinary Product Development I|
|Interdisciplinary Product Development II|
- Comprehensive Examination None.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options Course work only. No other options available.