MS in Medical Physiology
Applicants are considered on an individual basis. In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Degree Required Bachelor's
- Baccalaureate Field Individuals with a baccalaureate degree in the chemical/physical/biological sciences or pre-med program will be considered. If planning to apply to medical or health science schools after they graduate from the MS in Medical Physiology, prior completion of all medical or dental school prerequisite courses is required.
- Other Requirements At least 3.00/4.00 cumulative for the final 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate study and at least 3.00/4.00 in science courses.
- Standardized Tests Required MCAT, GRE, or DAT. Competitive scores: MCAT: 27 in old scoring system, 55 to 65 percent in new scoring system; GRE: 153 Quantitative, 146 Verbal, 3.5 Analytical Writing; DAT: 17.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL Minimum scores: 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Internet-based); 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (New Paper-Based—after August 2018); 550 (Institutional Testing Paper-Based—prior to August 2018), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required, at least two from course professors and at least one from a professor in the sciences. Committee letters are acceptable.
- Personal Statement Required (500 words).
- Statement of Purpose Required (500 words).
- Resume or List of Relevant Activities Required.
- Undergraduate Transcripts Required.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 32 hours of graduate course work to be completed in two semesters. The course work consists of 15 hours of required courses in the fall and 17 hours in the spring.
- Course Work
|Required Courses—Fall Semester|
|Gross Human Anatomy|
|Human Physiology I|
|Clinical Apps of Physiology I|
|Required Courses—Spring Semester|
|Case Studies in Clinical Anatomy|
|Human Physiology II|
|Clinical Apps of Physiology II|
- Grade Point Average As per Graduate College guidelines, a minimum of 3.00/4.00 grade point average is required to graduate.
- Comprehensive examination Not required.
- Thesis, Project, or Course Work Only Options Course work only. No thesis is required.