Master of Health Professions Education
Applicants are considered on an individual basis. In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree or an advanced professional degree in a health professions discipline.
- Other Requirements At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate study.
- Tests Required None.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL The TOEFL score cannot be more than two years old. UIC’s Institutional Code is 1851. 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Test); 60, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (revised Paper-Delivered Test), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR,
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required. The statement should address the applicant’s background, experience, and professional goals.
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, students must complete the following program requirements:
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 32.
- Course Work
|Scholarship in Health Professions Education|
|Instruction and Assessment for Health Professionals|
|Curriculum Planning and Program Evaluation for Health Professionals|
|Leadership in Health Professions Education|
|Introduction to Health Professions Education: Leadership, Scholarship, and Current Issues|
Four semester hours in a content area related to the thesis.
- Comprehensive Examination None.
- Thesis, Project, or Course-Work-Only Options: Thesis. No other options available.
Students earning a graduate degree in this department may complement their courses by enrolling in select concentrations after consulting with their graduate advisor. Interdepartmental Concentrations available for this degree include: